This was my first homemade granola recipe courtesy of the wonderful Virginia Compton at Holistic Yoga Sangha and I love it. This tastes great with coconut milk but even better with coconut yogurt – but beware mix this with coconut yogurt and you won’t want to eat again for a while!
500g jumbo oats
200g skin on almonds
100g sesame seeds
250g dried apricots
4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
100ml sesame oil
120ml runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Chop the dried apricots into quarters.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl with the cinnamon and ginger and mix together.
- Add the sesame oil and mix until all of the dry ingredients are lightly covered in oil.
- Add the honey and mix through.
- Spread the mixture on a baking try and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and mix up, replace back in the oven for a further five minutes or until the whole mix is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Once cooled decant into an airtight storage container where it will keep for around three months.